Waymon Steven Harrell
- Sole Practitioner
- Personal Injury
- Divorce and Family Law
- Civil Litigation/Collections
- Social Security Claims
- Traffic/Criminal Defense
- Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Advanced Health Care Directives
I have practiced law for over 27 years. I have represented thousands of persons from all walks of life in the state and federal courts and administrative agencies here in Georgia.
I was born in Macon, Georgia, and graduated from Tattnall Square Academy in 1978. I worked my way through college, and graduated from Georgia College in 1982 with a degree in Political Science and Public Administration. I graduated from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1985, and was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia in June of 1985.
I am admitted to practice before the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution as a general mediator and arbitrator.
- 15% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1985
- Georgia College and State University, Milledgeville, Georgia
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1982
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Phi Kappa Phi
- Major: Political Science and Public Administration
- Georgia, 1985
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1985
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1985
- Foskey v. International Realty Sales & Exchanges, Inc., 350 S.E.2d 841, 1986, Ga.App., 1986163354
- Murrell v. State, 407 S.E.2d 460, 1991, Ga.App., 1991150965
- Verscharen v. State, 374 S.E.2d 349, 1988, Ga.App., 1988160614
- McKissick v. SOA, Inc., 299 GA. App. 772, 2009, Ga. Ct. of App.
- Jones v. Jones, 264 Ga. 169, 1994, Ga. Supreme Ct.
- Verscharen v. State, 188 Ga. App. 746, 1988, Ga. Ct. of App.
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society/Georgia College
- Most Outstanding Major/Political Science/Public Admin.
- Wholesale Tire & Wheel Company, Inc.
- Robert S. Slocumb
- CB&T Bank of Middle Georgia
- John Luther
- Bob Berlin
- Westmoreland, Patterson & Moseley, Associate, 1985 to 1986
- Hyatt Legal Services, Staff Attorney, 1986 to 1989
- Houston County Bar Association, Member, 1990 to Present
- Macon Circuit Bar Association, Member, 2011 to Present
Certified Legal Specialties
- General Mediation, Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution, 2012
- Arbitration, Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution, 2013